Skip to content
- When you sign up as a student, you must commit to at least six tutoring sessions with your tutor. Sessions can be up to one hour once a week. Additional sessions may be scheduled if you and your tutor agree.
- Sessions must occur on the same day and time weekly unless you need to reschedule. Tutoring sessions should not occur on an as-needed basis.
- Tutoring sessions can only take place virtually through Zoom.
- Vulgar language and inappropriate gestures will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of services.
- Students are expected to be on time and prepared for their tutoring sessions.
- Please complete the session/volunteer hour tracker after each session. This form is used to receive feedback and ensure that you have weekly sessions with your tutor.
- Please check your email regularly for updates from Best Step Tutoring. Monthly emails are sent; if you are not receiving emails from us, please let us know. You may be removed from the organization if you do not respond to emails.
- No payment should be requested for tutoring services. If your tutor requests payment, please notify us immediately.
- You must notify your tutor at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel your tutoring session. This policy does not apply to emergencies. If you need to cancel a session, please try to reschedule it with your tutor for another day that week.
- If you cannot attend sessions for an extended period, please notify your tutor and us right away. When you are available for sessions again, please send an email letting us know! If your previous tutor is unavailable, you will be paired with a new tutor.
- If you have a schedule change and can no longer find a mutual time to meet with your tutor, we will make a new pairing for you.
- Tutors must also follow this cancellation policy. Please notify us immediately if your tutor does not inform you within 24 hours of your session or does not attend.
Terminating Sessions Policy
- If you are no longer in need of tutoring, please notify your tutor and Best Step Tutoring at least one week before your next session. You will be removed from our student list. If you would like to become a student again. Please submit a new application on our website.
- Students are not required to share any personal information with their tutor or Best Step Tutoring that they are not comfortable sharing. This excludes your name, email, and year in school.
- The information submitted in your application will not be shared with anyone outside the organization.
- Tutoring sessions should not be recorded.
- Unless your tutor provides consent, under no circumstances should photos or videos showing your student be taken or posted. If you post a picture, please send us an email letting us know and tag our social media handle.
- You may not ask your tutor for personal information other than the emails they provided unless you and your tutor agree to share the information. For example, if you both agree, you may share your phone number with your tutor.
- If you have any issues or concerns regarding your tutor pairing, please email us as soon as possible. Once notified, we will work with you to resolve the situation,